Ref: 3B 006.14
In 2009, the City of Toronto approved the “City’s walking Strategy” which aims to create an environment where walking is an appealing, convenient, safe and stimulating experience for residents and visitors.
The key structures of this program consist of a Trueform; wide totem, narrow totem and finger posts. This coordinated scheme of beautiful street furniture successfully accomplished the goals of the city.
Some of the striking design features that help set these items apart are:
- Unique foundation design without cover plates to obstruct the base.
- Tapered totems to allow wheelchair access directly up to the totems.
- Brail lettering on all totems.
- Mapping system was designed by Steer Davis Gleeve
- Continual roll out of 30-40 units each year.